Angie's Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bethlehem and Woodland Hills


I was looking at the Woodland Hills website, www.whchurch.com, and was looking at all the different mission trips and opportunities they have. They have a lot going on at that church, with ministry opportunities in pretty much any area you can think of. They support over 10 long-term misionaries too, which to me is huge. None of their short-term missions are close by, one was in Africa, one was giong to the Appalachian Mountains, another was going to Mexico. These groups will need support, and I hope that other people see the value in what they are doing. Bethlehem Baptist, Jphn Piper's church, according to the website at www.hopeingod.com, supports over 40 missionaries! I did not see a lot about short term missions opportunities, but maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place. There are so many large churches like these that can do so much for missionaries. It's incredible what they are capable of. My grandparents were missionaries for 40 years in the Philippines, and many of my dad's friends are missionaries, so I have been around them all my life. I know what they do for other people, and the dedication that they have for the work that they do. I hope that one day I will find something that I have as much passion and joy about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home