Angie's Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Organization vs organization

I was reading the Star Tribune this morning and they were talking about all these non-profit organizations. They mentioned Big Brothers Big Sisters, UNICEF, Angel Tree and a local organization in Minneapolis. These organizations have gained a lot of attention over the years, and I really respect what they do for the community. They really benefit children, and families all over the United States as well as all over the world. I really respect the people and other organizations who give to them as well, but it shouldn't stop there. Missions organizations do similar things for the community, but they also spread the word of God, which to me is just as, if not more important. There are many groups like this such as Feed My Starving Children or World Vision. Organizations like these get a fair amount of attention as well, but we can't forget about all the other ones out there doing similar amazing things too. There are many Native American organizations, one of the biggest called IMAC, which focuses on ministering to Native tribes around the Midwest, especially in Minnesota. Why have most people never heard about it? We tend to follow the norm, but we need to change that. If people had never cared about the people of Nett Lake, then every person I know there would have never heard about Christ, and many kids would have never accepted Jesus. Is that happening more places? We need to be aware of that because I don't think I can live with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home